Los Angeles Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Motorcycle accidents happen when you least expect them. Unfortunately, these accidents can cause serious injuries. These injuries require extensive medical treatment, often resulting in high hospital bills, lost wages, and loss of work. The victim’s life may change after the accident. Their way of life, ability to work, and earning capacity can have major adjustments that are too difficult to deal with. For some, motorcycle accidents caused them to have permanent disabilities.
If someone else’s negligence caused your injuries, you need to act immediately. Upon incurring injuries, you have acquired the right to recover financial compensation. Contact a Los Angeles personal injury attorney to receive effective legal advice regarding your claim. A personal injury lawyer experienced in handling motorcycle accidents can help you negotiate with insurance companies and the at-fault party. Call Alden Law Firm for more information regarding your motorcycle accident claim.
How Can Our Los Angeles Motorcycle Accident Law Firm Help You
Alden Law Firm is experienced in handling personal injury cases involving motorcycle accidents. The severity of your injuries may not allow you to pay full attention to your claim. As you recover from your injuries and attain 100% health, we will give our best to get a favorable result in your motorcycle accident case.
Here are the things our Los Angeles Motorcycle Accident Law Firm does for our clients:
- We provide effective legal representation and viable legal advice. We carefully evaluate the merits and evidence of the case.
- We make sure that clients are fully informed of the progress of the claim. The procedure may appear overwhelming. But we make sure to simplify every step for our clients.
- Secure full and fair compensation for our clients. It is enough to receive money for minimal medical coverage. We want is full coverage of all your medical expenses and other costs.
- Negotiate with insurance companies and the adverse party. We negotiate with your insurance company and the party responsible for your injuries for a speedy and efficient resolution.
A Los Angeles motorcycle accident lawyer can establish the negligence of motorcycle riders. For more information regarding the merits of your claim. Call Alden Law Firm and receive a free consultation.
What Are the Leading Causes of Motorcycle Accidents in Los Angeles?
The following are the leading causes of motorcycle accidents in Los Angeles:
- Unsafe Left-Turns. These types of accidents occur when a car makes a left turn into oncoming traffic and collides with a motorcyclist who is approaching from behind or entering an intersection. The use of signal lights by the motorcyclist and habitual checking of the side mirror before changing lanes can help prevent these accidents.
- Distracted Driving. This type of accident occurs when a motorist distracts himself and fails to see pedestrians and other road users. Texting or calling, using mobile applications for directions, and entertainment are common types of distractions.
- Driving Under the Influence (DUI). Motorcycle drivers who drive after drinking alcoholic beverages are more likely to be involved in accidents. The California Penal Code imposes hefty fines and penalties for DUI violators.
- Wreckless Driving. Driving over the speed limit, disregarding traffic signs and signals, and not yielding the right of way are some violations that cause motorcycle accidents. The motorcyclist’s behavior on the road dictates the chances of an accident. Reckless, careless, and negligent riders are more likely to get into accidents than careful drivers.
- Road Hazards. The uneven surface of roads, debris, broken or loose road surfaces can cause accidents. Motorcyclists need to be constantly mindful and drive at reduced speed to avoid accidents that may result from poor road surfaces.
What Are the Common Injuries That Los Angeles Motorcycle Accident Victims Suffer?
Motorcycle accidents can cause a wide range of injuries, from small scratches to severe head trauma. Here are the common motorcycle accident injuries that victims suffer:
- Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI). Head-on collisions can cause a brain injury that damages the brain’s motor function. This can cause problems with memory, thinking, behavior, and judgment. These injuries can be long-term or even permanent. Some symptoms include headaches, vomiting, fatigue, and nausea.
- Spinal Cord Injuries. A spinal cord injury can cause paralysis, loss of sensation, and inability to control the body’s organs. A person with a spinal cord injury requires immediate medical attention.
- Broken Bones. Fractures and broken bones are common motorcycle accident injuries. These injuries are often the most painful. Broken bones require medical attention and rigorous physical therapy for a full recovery.
- Road Rash. Road rash is one of the most common motorcycle accident injuries. This causes severe irritation to the skin that can lead to infection and scarring. Road rash may be treated with antibiotic ointment or stitches, depending on its severity.
- Neck Injuries. Broken neck bones are common when crashing into cars or objects. Whiplash may also occur when the head violently jerks back and forth.
The list provided is not exclusive, and motorcycle accident victims can sustain other internal injuries. A Los Angeles motorcycle accident lawyer can help you determine the amount of compensation you ought to receive. Call Alden Law Firm now to get more information on how you can recover compensation.
What Compensatory Damages Can Motorcycle Accident Victims Recover?
The purpose of filing a motorcycle accident claim is to recover compensation for the damages you sustained. Such compensation should be enough to cover all costs you incurred. The negligent party should be held accountable for the damages they caused. Thus, it is important to know the types of compensatory damages you can recover for your motorcycle accident injuries.
Here are the compensatory damages that accident victims can recover:
- Economic Damages. These are damages that are based on monetary losses and costs incurred by the victim. Medical bills, property damages, and loss of income are some examples.
- Non-Economic Damages. Motorcycle accident claims are not solely focused on additional costs by the victim. Such victims should also be compensated for their pain and suffering, emotional distress, and loss of consortium. This can include a wrongful death claim if the accident victim dies.
These damages can be recovered from the negligent party’s insurance company. A motorcycle accident lawyer can help you with negotiating and settling motorcycle accident claims. Call us now at Alden Law Firm to know how you can establish your claim.
What Steps Should You Take Right After Your Motorcycle Accident?
Your actions after the accident are crucial in ensuring your welfare and health. The difference between life and death can be determined by what you do immediately after the accident. Here are some of the steps you should take to prevent further damages:
- Seek immediate medical attention. This act should be the first thing that comes to mind. Regardless of the accident’s severity, always make sure that you are medically attended to right away. Call 911 and inform them that you need immediate medical attention to receive medical treatment at a nearby hospital.
- Call for law enforcement. The police should investigate the accident. Their input on who caused the wreckage and who is at fault will be crucial in strengthening your claim. A police report can be strong evidence of the at-fault party’s negligence.
- Take photographs or videos of the accident scene. Aside from the police report, your account of what happened is vital in a motorcycle accident case. The photographs of the accident can be reliable to prove the existence of the accident and the damages/injuries it caused.
- Gather important contact information. The contact information of other people involved in the accident and the possible witnesses and those of the at-fault party should be recorded. This step is important, especially in negotiating or settling your claims. The plate number, make and model of the other vehicles are also helpful in your case.
- Call a motorcycle accident attorney. An experienced motorcycle accident lawyer can analyze the case and determine which legal remedies can be availed. The lawyer can then help you file a case against the at-fault party and negotiate settlements on your behalf.
How Much Is My Motorcycle Accident Claim Worth?
In a motorcycle accident claim, the compensation you can recover depends on several factors. There is no general formula or amount given to all accident victims. The compensation you get depends on the amount of your loss, the extent of your injuries, the calculated lost income you incurred because of your injuries, and the insurance policy limits.
If you sustained a Traumatic Brain Injury, spinal cord injuries, and other severe injuries, then you deserve higher compensation. The amount you’ll receive should cover all the medical expenses and those additional costs for your recovery. What’s important is to prove the specific amount through receipts, bills, and medical reports.
Aside from these, you should prove the emotional damages you have suffered. Emotional distress, loss of companionship or consortium, humiliation, or embarrassment are some of the damages you can claim. It is important to consult a motorcycle accident attorney to be precise about the compensation you can get.
Who Can Be Responsible for Your Los Angeles Motorcycle Accident Injuries?
A motorcycle crash is an unfortunate situation and demands accountability from those who caused such an accident. It involves a lot of damages and injuries, which makes it a complicated legal process. It is essential in these instances to demand accountability from those at fault to ensure that it won’t happen again.
The parties that can be responsible for the victim’s injuries are the following:
- Motorcycle rider. The motorcyclist at fault shall be accountable for the damages and inconvenience he caused other people. It is important to establish first that the motorcyclist’s negligence is the direct and proximate cause of the injuries sustained by the victim.
- Insurance company. Injured victims can demand compensation from their insurance provider or the liable motorcyclist. An injured motorcyclist can also recover compensation for his injuries. Insurance companies are strict when accepting claims for injuries involving motorcycles. It is therefore very important to have a Los Angeles motorcycle accident lawyer on one’s side in negotiating the compensation claims with an insurance company.
- Manufacturer or seller. Injured victims can also demand compensation from manufacturers or sellers of defective parts of motorcycles. For example, when brake failure causes a motorcycle accident, the victims can demand compensation for their injuries from the manufacturer of brake systems.
- Employer of the motorcycle rider. If the accident happened when the motorcycle accident was performing his employment duties, his employer might be held liable for injuries because of the motorcycle accident. Also, the employer can demand compensation from its insurance company to get reimbursed for any costs it has incurred.
Motorcycle accident attorneys can help you establish your motorcycle accident claim. Call us now at Alden Law Firm to schedule a free consultation.
Why Choose Alden Law Firm for Your Los Angeles Motorcycle Accident Claim?
In handling the legal aspect of fatal motorcycle accidents, a Los Angeles personal injury attorney can help you with all stages of the process. Personal injury attorneys can alleviate the stress of recovering compensation by gathering evidence, organizing all the necessary documents, and negotiating with the adverse party. Motorcycle accident attorneys in Los Angeles can further help your cause by having a niche on recovering compensation for your motorcycle injuries.
The Alden Law Firm is a personal injury law office in Los Angeles that caters to the needs of those involved in motorcycle accidents. If you’d like to choose someone experienced, knowledgeable of California law, and compassionate towards his clients, then look no further. Alden Law Firm is here to assist you in every stage of the legal process.
We understand the repercussions of a motorcycle crash, so we will provide you with the legal advice and representation you need. It is our duty to render justice by holding accountable those liable for your injury. Call us now and receive the utmost legal advice from a Los Angeles motorcycle accident attorney at the Alden Law Firm.
Los Angeles Motorcycle Accident FAQs
California law provides that the statute of limitations for a motorcycle accident in Los Angeles is two years. The law specifically states that aggrieved parties shall commence an action within two years from when such a person incurred the injury.
Thus, injury claims shall be brought within two years from the date of the accident. If you do not file your motorcycle accident claim in Los Angeles within two years, it will be barred forever, and you will lose all rights to compensation. A Los Angeles motorcycle accident attorney can help you file your motorcycle accident claim and protect your right to compensation.
California law adopts the comparative negligence system wherein if the injured person was a party at fault or that such person somehow contributed to the accident, they can still recover compensation. Motorcycle riders, for example, can still recover compensation for their injuries.
A motorcycle accident injury claim is also available for those parties at fault. The amount of compensation they can recover depends on their percentage of fault. A motorcycle accident attorney can help you with the determination of such a percentage.
California helmet law provides that a motorcycle rider must wear a helmet when riding upon a highway. It shall be unlawful for a motorcycle rider not to wear a motorcycle helmet when operating a motorcycle. In an accident where such a rider was not wearing a motorcycle helmet, this will be accounted for in determining the amount of compensation they can receive. Those who violate the law shall not reap benefits from such violation.
California’s lane-splitting law allows motorcycle riders to pass between lanes of traffic. Thus, when the traffic is slow or at a full stop, motorcycle riders can pass in between vehicles to continue on their way. This act is legal in Los Angeles, California, and it is the only state that allows such practice. This is an efficient way of allowing motorcycles to proceed with their journey. It also keeps the motorcycles from being stuck in traffic, which can take a toll on them.
In case of an accident in Los Angeles, it is important to determine if the motorcycle rider was careful in lane splitting. Suppose such was done recklessly, like overspeeding or disregarding signal lights from other vehicles. In that case, the motorcycle rider can still be liable for the damages they caused.
Yes. An injured victim in a motorcycle accident can sue the negligent party. However, there are initial steps that are needed before a person can file a lawsuit. There shall be negotiations for a settlement to compensate for injuries. Most of the time, insurance companies are involved in these matters. If such settlement negotiations fail, then a motorcycle accident attorney can help you further in filing a lawsuit.
Injured in a Motorcycle Accident? Call Our Los Angeles Motorcycle Accident Attorney for Help
Motorcycle accidents have put millions of lives into misery. Not only do victims suffer from catastrophic damages but they also suffer from emotional and mental suffering. All these contribute to financial damages, which can worsen, especially when you lose or miss work because of your injuries. If you happen to be in this situation, call Alden Law Firm immediately to receive help from an experienced Los Angeles Motorcycle Accident Lawyer. Be informed of your rights and take immediate action. For a free consultation, call us at (213)214-6937.