If you’ve been injured in a serious car crash, there are many things to consider. You need to know your rights and what resources are available to help you recover after an injury. The right questions must be asked immediately following motor vehicle accidents to preserve evidence and identify witnesses.
Not all car accident attorneys have the experience or expertise required for this type of case. An experienced auto accident attorney will have the tools necessary for successful litigation on your behalf, including investigators, medical experts, forensic specialists, and other professionals who can assist with your personal injury claim.
The Alden Law Firm has successfully handled thousands of cases involving catastrophic injuries over our years of practice representing clients throughout Southern California, including Los Angeles County, Orange County, Riverside County, San Bernardino County, and Ventura County & Santa Barbara Counties.
Our track record shows how capable we are of solving your case. Contact our Los Angeles car accident law firm today and book your free consultation.
The Benefits of Hiring a Car Accident Lawyer
If you have been badly hurt in a car accident, hiring a Los Angeles auto accident lawyer as soon as possible is essential to your case.
The sooner you hire legal representation or even consult with our car accident lawyer about protecting your interests, the more likely that potential legal problems can be avoided before they arise.
Hiring the best auto accident lawyers leads you on the right track for your case. Here are some benefits you can gain from hiring one:
- Investigate the crash that caused your injuries for valuable insight;
- Consults with the experts, concluding forensics and other agencies;
- Determine who is at fault and prove liability;
- Review pieces of evidence such as police reports and eyewitness statements;
- Negotiating with the insurance company on your behalf;
- Go to trial as your legal representation.
Understanding California Car Accident Laws
California is a tough state for drivers. They have some of the toughest car insurance laws in America, and it’s not just because they’re more expensive than other states.
If you are involved in a car accident in Los Angeles, California, it is important to understand the complex laws. Otherwise, your mistake could lead to less compensation for damages or no payment at all.
As soon as possible after a car crash, contact experienced Los Angeles auto accident attorneys who can make navigating these confusing legal waters easy and provide crucial information about what happened during this terrible life-changing event to both parties involved.
There are different laws that you need to be familiarized with, including:
- Fault-based car insurance. If you are a driver in California, it is important to carry vehicle insurance. This includes bodily injury coverage ($15,000 per person) and property damage liability ($5,000). If there’s an accident with another car or truck that hurts someone on your behalf, they will file claims against them for damages recovery through their own at-fault party’s provider after being injured themselves.
- Liability Laws. When it comes to California, they don’t bar people from financial recovery for partially causing auto accidents. Instead, these rules require that you be 100% responsible before any reduction in damages happens. For example, if you were ninety-nine percent at fault, you could still recover one percent of a compensation award.
- Statute of Limitations. One key law to remember is your statuary limitations. This is the deadline for filing an injury claim and three years in total if it’s only property damage with no injuries involved. Still, there are certain exceptions, like when someone isn’t able or aware that they need medical attention until later on after their car accident.
Car Accident Statistics in Los Angeles, CA
The number of motor vehicle accidents in Los Angeles has been on a steady decline. The Los Angeles Police Department reports that in 2020, there were a total of 42,357 motor vehicle accidents.
These incidents resulted in the deaths of at least 238 people and may have been caused by them or contributed significantly to their cause. This represents a drop from last year’s count, which saw 246 fatalities across Los Angeles.
Our Los Angeles Personal Injury Law Firm Handles a Spectrum of Car Accident Cases
Insurance companies are never going to offer a fair settlement. To get the best compensation for your injuries and losses, you need someone who knows how these things work on your behalf. This is why it’s important that if any sort of car accident happens in your family, you should contact an auto injury attorney immediately.
Our experienced Los Angeles auto accident lawyer here in Alden Law firm is qualified to advise in different car accident cases. These cases include:
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Poor road design accidents
- Highway construction negligence accidents
- SUV rollover
- Distracted driving accidents
- Motor vehicles colliding with bicyclists, pedestrians, or skateboarders
Los Angeles Car Accidents Result in Catastrophic Injuries
In a recent study, there were 44,207 fatal and injury accidents in Los Angeles alone. Car accident lawyers focus heavily on car-related cases because of the frequency with which they occur and the severity of life involved when you get hit by one.
People who live in Los Angeles are more likely to be victims of car accidents. The city’s drivers and passengers alike often suffer life-altering injuries, making it difficult for them to fight against their claims.
We understand how these types of damages impact our clients; helping people get appropriate compensation awards that meet or exceed their needs is something we strive for at all times. Our Los Angeles car crash lawyer can help you receive compensation for the following catastrophic injuries you sustained from the car accident, such:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Back and neck injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Fatal injuries
- Soft tissue injuries
- Bone fractures
- Wrongful death
- Major lacerations
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Permanent disabilities
- Internal bleeding
- Internal organ damage
Our experienced Los Angeles car accident attorney can also help if you’ve been injured in an auto accident and suffered nonphysical damages such as emotional pain, mental anguish, or post-traumatic stress disorder.
That is due to California’s law allowing plaintiffs to demand damages in the form of emotional, mental, and psychological suffering as well as physical pain or economic losses after they’ve been hurt due to an auto accident.
Most Common Causes of Car Accidents in Los Angeles
According to a recent study, the most common causes of car accidents are as follows:
- Distracted driving
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- High-speed driving
- Driving aggressively and recklessly
- Driving tired
- Wet roads
- Snowy and icy roads
- Reduced visibility due to heavy rain or fog
- Tire blowouts
- Teenage drivers
- Worn-out tires
- Racing on public highways
- Road construction
- Poorly maintained roads
- Car defects
- Wild animal crossings
Among all those mentioned above, the four main factors leading to automobile accidents are:
- Car defects
- Roadway construction
- Poor maintained roads
- Driver behavior
The numbers released by the National Highway Traffic Safety Association show that ninety-four percent of car accidents are due to driver behavior.
Car Accident Victims Are Entitled to Recover Compensation for their Injuries
If you’ve been in a car accident and need help understanding what types of damages to list, our car crash attorney can provide that. Every case is different, but seeking an appropriate amount will increase your chances of securing compensation on the insurance settlement table.
Our auto accident attorney in Los Angeles can review any case in Los Angeles and calculate an amount that will cover compensation plus more if necessary against any defendant.
If you are a car accident victim, our personal injury attorney can help you recover compensation greater than the insurance company offers.
Some of the financial compensation you are entitled to are:
- Medical costs and medical expenses
- Medical treatment
- Past and future lost wages
- Emotional distress
- Punitive damages
- Wrongful death damages
- Lost enjoyment of life
- Mental anguish
- Pain and suffering
- Chronic pain
The true value of your case could be much more than what an insurance company is offering you. Let our Los Angeles car accident lawyer help and fight for the recovery that will bring your life back to its fullest, so it can go on smoothly after this difficult time in your life.
Proving Liability After a Los Angeles Car Accident
Your potential for damages from an accident can be difficult to determine. More importantly, liability is a key factor in getting all the money you deserve after one has occurred and should never go overlooked.
That is why it is important to hire Los Angeles car accident lawyers to determine who may have been liable for your accident.
However, there can be more than one party involved in the accident; these may include:
- Drivers involved in the accident
- Vehicle manufacturers
- Government entities were responsible for the maintenance and safety of Los Angeles roads.
Important Steps to Take Right After a Car Accident in Los Angeles
The following are some important safety tips after a car accident. Remember that it is your responsibility to be safe and ensure you have not caused any harm or damage, so don’t forget these things:
- Stay Calm. Take your time and gather yourself since an accident is a shocking encounter. Try to understand the situation.
- Go To a Safer Location. If your crash occurred near busy roads, moving far enough off roadways is recommended to avoid causing additional accidents when responders arrive.
- Seek Medical Attention. When a car accident happens, you should assess the physical state of yourself and any passenger involved. If there is an emergency with your injuries or medical condition, call for help immediately because many victims underestimate how bad they are injured after surviving such traumatic events.
- Contact the Police and Report the Incident. Immediately call the police to your scene and ask them to write up a report. They should be called even for an accident that doesn’t result in injury or death, as these incidents may also need medical attention and documentation of damages suffered by victims. Ask an officer for copies of any paperwork related specifically to car collisions – this includes statements from witnesses alongside photos. The car accident lawyer will use all relevant material at trial so keep it safe until then.
- Gather Pieces of Evidence. You should always document the scene of an accident after it happened. Make sure that you write down detailed contact information for all parties involved. These include their names and addresses and driver’s license numbers or insurance info if they have any.
- Don’t Admit Liability. Allow a car wreck attorney to handle all communications related to other parties involved.
- Call an Experienced Los Angeles Accident Attorney. It can be challenging to decide on your next steps when dealing with insurance companies and their legal process. Hiring our skilled car wreck lawyer will allow them to handle everything while giving you more time to focus on recovering from the injuries to maximize any settlement award you might receive.
Things You Should Do After a Hit-and-Run Car Accident
You may not know how to proceed with a damage claim in an unknown hit-and-run case. But, thanks to California’s fault car insurance laws, if the at-fault party’s identity is unknown, then your auto insurer might offer you some relief.
One of the first steps to take after a hit-and-run accident is notifying law enforcement. The police can investigate your crash site and may be able to track down the at-fault driver.
If the police cannot identify the driver, you may seek financial compensation through your auto insurer.
Regardless of who was at fault in a car accident, it is important to contact an insurance agent as soon as possible. Hence, they know how many coverage options should provide for damages incurred during this time frame.
With California being one of the most accident-prone states in America, drivers must protect themselves against liability by purchasing uninsured/underinsured motorist insurance.
This type of coverage will pay for your repairs and medical bills if you are involved in car accidents or hit and run.
Comprehensive & collision policies may also offer benefits such as compensation relating to damages caused through collisions at intersections where both parties had right-of-passage before impact.
Why Choose Alden Law Firm for Your Los Angeles Car Accident Claim?
Your car accident left you with serious injuries, and now your insurance company is trying to take advantage of you. They offer a small settlement that won’t cover all the costs associated with your injuries. You need an experienced Los Angeles personal injury lawyer who will fight for the compensation you deserve.
The insurance companies know how to play this game, but they don’t have lawyers on their side who are as experienced as ours at Alden Law Firm in Los Angeles, California. We’ll help protect your rights so that you can focus on getting better while we handle everything else for you.
Our Los Angeles personal injury attorney has many years of experience handling Los Angeles auto accidents and other types of personal injury claims. If you or a loved one has been injured due to the fault of another party, don’t hesitate to reach out.
Alden Law Firm can investigate your injury, determine fault, and establish a strong case that supports your compensation claims to help with medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more.
Call us today and book your free consultation.
Los Angeles Car Accident FAQs
How long do I have to file an auto accident claim in Los Angeles?
In California, there is a strict time limit on filing personal injury claims. Suppose you were involved in an accident and suffered losses as a result of it within two years after the event occurred, according to California CCP 335.1. Your right to compensation for these damages may disappear without remedy unless you file a suit immediately.
How much money can I recover from an auto collision claim?
The amount of money you can recover in an auto collision claim depends on the seriousness of your injury as well as the circumstances surrounding the accident. You might be able to recover less for your injuries if you were partly at fault.
Why should I hire a Los Angeles car accident attorney?
It is never easy to deal with an injury, and many people who suffer from them find that their financial situation worsens. With medical costs constantly going up, it’s important for those injured in accidents to consider hiring a Los Angeles car accident lawyer because this will give you better chances of getting some money so things can get back on track financially.
Apart from that, our experienced Los Angeles car accident lawyer can help with your car accident claim through:
- They can recover money in verdicts and settlement for you.
- They will do their best to get the maximum compensation for you.
- They know how to negotiate and litigate all types of car accidents.
- They help the injured victims by offering services on a contingency basis.
Can I still recover damages even if I'm partly liable for my car accident?
When it comes to the State of California, they don’t bar people from financial recovery for partially causing auto accidents. Instead, these rules require that you be 100% responsible before any damage reduction happens. For example, suppose your fault was ninety-nine percent. In that case, you could still recover one percent as compensation because there are other factors involved with why this happened that also contributed to its cause.
Talk to a Top Los Angeles Car Accident Attorney Today for a Free Consultation
If you or a loved one has been involved in a serious accident, it is important to contact an experienced attorney as soon as possible. The Alden Law Firm specializes in helping victims who have suffered severe injuries after being involved in car wrecks caused by another driver’s negligence or recklessness.
We can help you recover compensation for medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering damages if necessary.
Our team will work with your insurance company to make sure that they cover all your expenses related to the collision, including rental cars, hospital stays, and physical therapy appointments. At the same time, we fight for fair compensation on your behalf through negotiation or litigation if needed.
Call us now at (213) 214-6937 and have a free consultation.